POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation... : Re: Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation...
From: Hughes, B
Date: 29 Oct 2003 18:49:29
Message: <3fa05209@news.povray.org>
"Mark Hanford" <pov### [at] hanfordonlinecouk> wrote in message

> union{
>   object{Globe}
>   rotate -360*y*clock
>   rotate 23.5*z
> }

Not sure why you unioned a single object. Although I don't think that would
cause a problem, except for a error message. I'd suspect the isosurface
accuracy or max_gradient, or perhaps some CSG anamoly, if it weren't for the
solitary frame rendering you tried and got highlights from that. So, that
leaves scale of the things used in your scene I guess. Is the highlighting
portion a separate surface very, very, close to the rest of the Earth
surface? And how is it built together if it is a water, land parts... union,
difference, intersection, merge?

Bob H.